The Boston chapter, CISV Boston, a 501(c)3 charitable organization, started with a vision to educate and inspire action for a more just and peaceful world. A group of passionate CISVers wanted to provide this unique and immemorable experience to our communities in Eastern Massachusetts. Organized and operated completely by dedicated volunteers, our Chapter in Boston have numerous active members and families, with the support from our local communities and business.
Boston chapter is one of three chapters located in New England. We are open and inclusive to all families in Eastern Massachusetts including Suffolk county and its surrounding counties such as Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk and Plymouth. Families outside of our geographic area are still encouraged to reach out to us.
The objectives of CISV Boston are:
1. To further the purpose of CISV and adhere to its policies
2. To cooperate with the National and International association of CISV in furthering and promoting the understanding of all people in the interest of world peace and world citizenship
3. To further, foster and promote such understanding in the Boston area
4.To sponsor CISV programs in our local community where delegates may experience personal interaction with a diverse group of children and adults
5. To select and send members of the Boston chapter as delegates to CISV programs to which Boston may be invited
6. To cooperate with other groups having similar purposes
7. To promote a more social justice community and human rights locally, nationally and globally and be an active voice within our local community